About the Games
World Nomad Games 2016
The World Nomad Games will be held in 2016 from 3 – 8 of September on the shore of the Issyk-Kul Lake, in Kyrgyzstan.
The mission of the Games - revival and preservation of the historical cultural heritage of the nomadic people’s civilization of the world.
Objectives of the Games:
- to show the world the greatness of nomadic civilization.
- to show the world values of peace, culture and life of each ethnic group of nomadic world.
- the opportunity to see the nomadic sports in their original form.
- the opportunity to see the richness of the nomadic people of the world.
To the “World Nomad Games 2016” are invited:
- Heads of states and governments;
- Prominent figures in the field of the culture and science;
- Athletes from 40 countries;
- Mass media representatives from more than 50 countries with a possibility of broadcasting to 500,000,000 people.
The program of the World Nomad Games includes:
- Grandiose opening and closing ceremonies of the Games;
- Spectacular sports events and competitions in 23 kinds of ethnosport;
- Culture events at picturesque gorge “Kyrchyn” and at the Hippodrome in Cholpon–Ata;
- Cultural events and evening concerts;
- Scientific Conference on the theme “Nomadic civilization: Historical Heritage and Modernity”;
- Demonstration performances of folk and ethnic games of the world.
World Nomad Games is the most dimensioned international project of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Games’ slogan: “UNITED in FORCE! UNITED in SPIRIT!”