The first-ever «World Nomad Games»
The first-ever «World Nomad Games»
In 2012, at the summit of heads of Turkic-speaking countries, with the participation of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Turkey in Bishkek was signed the Bishkek Declaration, where heads of Turkic-speaking countries adopted the decision to hold the World Nomad Games in the Kyrgyz Republic.
In 2014, on September 9, at 20:00 President of Kyrgyzstan Atambayev Almazbek Sharshenovich announced the opening of the first-ever World Nomad Games.
The first-ever World Nomad Games held from 9 to 14 of September, 2014 on the shore of Lake Issyk-Kul – pearl of Kyrgyzstan, in which sports competitions on 10 kinds of ethnosport were conducted.
1. Kok Boru;
2. Er enish;
3. Kunan chabysh;
4. Zhorgo salysh;
5. Alaman Baige.
6. Kyrgyz Kurosh;
7. Belt-wrestling “Alysh”;
8. Kazakh Kurosh.
10. Toguz Korgool.
Also as part of the World Nomad Games were shown demonstration performances of the following sports:
1. Zorhana (The Republic of Azerbaijan).
2. Cirit (Turkish Republic).
3. Traditional wrestling (Turkish Republic).
4. Tackkyon (The Republic of Korea).
Athletes from 19 countries took part in all competitions:
1. The Republic of Azerbaijan.
2. The Republic of Austria.
3. The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
4. The Kingdom of Sweden.
5. The Kyrgyz Republic.
6. The Republic of Lithuania.
8. The Republic of Belarus.
9. The Republic of Kazakhstan.
10. The Republic of Korea.
11. The Russian Federation.
12. The Republic of Tajikistan.
13. The Republic of Uzbekistan.
14. United States of America.
15. The Republic of Turkey.
17. The Federal Republic of Brazil.
18. The Federal Republic of Germany.
19. The French Republic.
771 people took part in sports competitions, among them: 583 athletes, 188 coaches and referees. 230 horses were involved in equestrian sports.
30 sets of medals (a total of 109 medals) have been played in 10 kinds of sport. The total prize pool amounted to 16 million soms.
In the unofficial team classifications, the Kyrgyz Republic took 1st place, winning a total of 55 medals, including 16 gold, 20 silver and 19 bronze medals.
1,200 people were involved in cultural events.
Television broadcasting covered 230,000,000 people from 40 countries of the world.
The first-ever World Nomad Games were covered by 250 journalists, cameramen and presenters of the following media:
1. BBC (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland);
2. CNN (USA);
3. WashingtonPost (USA);
4. Los-AngelesTimes (USA);
5. CBSNews (USA);
6. World Street Journal (USA);
7. NBC News (USA);
8. The Guardian (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland );
9. Mirror (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland);
10. Repubblica (Italian Republic);
11. Corriere (the Italian Republic);
12. Canada.com (Canada);
13. Postmedia.com (Canada);
14. AlJazeera (Qatar);
15. MSN News (Malaysia);
16. “Russia 1” (Russian Federation);
17. “RussiaToday” (Russian Federation);
18. “Moya Planeta” (Russian Federation);
19. “TV-Novosti” (Russian Federation);
20. the ATV (Russian Federation);
21. “Mir” (Russian Federation);
22. AstanaTimes (Republic of Kazakhstan);
23. AzerNews (Republic of Azerbaijan);
24. “IctimaiTV” (Republic of Azerbaijan);
25. TRT Avaz (Turkish Republic);
26. TRT Turk (Turkish Republic);
27. UBS (Mongolia);
28. “Sport” (Turkmenistan);
29. OTRK (Kyrgyzstan);
30. ElTR (Kyrgyz Republic);
31. NTC (Kyrgyz Republic);
32. “5 kanal” (Kyrgyz Republic).
And also numerous news agencies and freelance journalists from the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Poland, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Turkey, the Kingdom of Sweden and the Kyrgyz Republic.